Saturday, July 4, 2009

6 months & a Happy 4th!

Kieren had his 6 month check up on Wednesday and the stats are in:
20lbs 11oz & 27 1/4" long!

Here's a few more details of how out "little" one is progressing.

He can...
*sit on his own (if he topples he still can't quite get back up on his own yet.)
*stand with support from mom or dad
*grab for anything and everything placed in his reach and work at getting those that are out
*do the seal pose (he's started pulling his one leg up but hasn't gotten quite enough lift to get his belly off the floor.)
*spin 180 on his belly
*eat most things I offer: squash, sweet potatoes, apricots, peas (sometimes), bananas, oatmeal... a mango pit.
*jabber with emotion (it reminds me a little of having a conversation with an Italian cab driver.)
*nibble on his own feet (I'm quite proud of this as I tried it and it's really hard.) :)

He likes to:
*bounce like a crazy fool in his jumperoo
*dance
*play peek-a-boo
*gnaw on his sippy cup (he'll seriously protest if I take it away)
*go for walks
*stick his fingers in your mouth in the hope that they'll get nibbled
*make us laugh

He's at such a fun stage and we're having a blast getting to know his spunky little personality. He loves to laugh and is terribly ticklish so everyday things like getting dressed can turn into quite a giggle-fest. He's also getting more vocal and making his wishes known, but it seems like even when he is upset it doesn't take much to get him smiling again.

Sucking on a mango pit with mom on the 4th.
I started working very part-time for a friend of mine, so Jeff spent Thursday & Friday as Mr. Mom. It felt good to get out and to feel productive and creative again. Jeff did great and Kieren seemed to roll with it, all of which makes mom happy. So on this 4th of July I'm feeling a new sense of independence and am once again reminded how blessed we really are. Wishing you all a very happy & blessed 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment