One thing that I'm getting better at as I get older is admitting when I've screwed up... so... today I made a big mom mistake. I'm sure it wasn't the first, nor will it be the last. So here it is... I tried to cut Kieren's hair today. I can almost hear all the veteran moms out there saying "rookie" as they shake their heads. It all started very innocently with just trying to "clean it up" around the ears, but one ill timed squirm turned into getting the clippers out and now it looks like I'm sending my 8 month old off to boot camp! Fortunately, Kieren doesn't know that it's himself in the mirror yet or he'd be sobbing in his room right now instead of playing happily on the floor. I guess we can save the drama for when he's 13. I'm confessing here first in hopes that it makes it easier to admit to Jeff how badly I screwed up... wish me luck.
addendum: Jeff barely noticed and Kieren's hair grows amazingly fast so two weeks later, life (& looks) are pretty much back to normal... guess I was the one being dramatic this time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment